With over 20 years in the market, Mandic Cloud Solutions is one of the leading Brazilian companies in cloud computing, specializing in providing IaaS and SaaS. In order to maintain quality and further improve its operations, Mandic wanted to upgrade the energy efficiency of its data centers. One of the solutions adopted was the Dell OMPC (OpenManage Power Center) software, which manages the power consumption and temperature of servers, allowing Mandic to balance the use of equipment, reducing power consumption and increasing the capacity of its servers.
The solution used Intel® Node Manager throughout the server fleet across Mandic’s three data centers. As a result, Mandic:
- Expanded the rack occupancy rate by 40 percent;
- Reduced electricity consumption by 30 percent;
- Improved its environmental impact;
- Optimized space in its data centers; and
- Monitored and controlled the temperature of the servers, increasing their general availability and mitigating the risk of unplanned stoppages.